Pay It Forward
Pay It Forward!
We appreciate your monetary gifts and donations.
Supporting Our Work: We are raising funds to cover our expenses in the growing need for Compassionate Care and Holistic Wellness resources in the Santa Cruz Mountains, the North Coast, Watsonville, and Santa Cruz. We aim to support communities and neighborhoods that have been historically underserved in regards to holistic medicine and wellness resources, as well as those impacted by the recent fires, and any other potential disasters and emergency situations that may occur in the future. We seek funding to cover the cost of the basic needs to continue this work, including:
1) Basic infrastructure, sanitation and medical supplies for disaster relief and compassionate care clinics, which include:
– Face Masks and Shields
– Hand and surface sanitizers
– Disinfectant Sprays
– Paper towels
– Pop-up tents
– Push Pots, Compostable Tea Cups, Herbal Teas
– Printing and ink cartridges
2) Scholarships for low-income community members to receive free Holistic Wellness Services from a large range of modalities.
3) Leadership (Organizers & Managers) and Practitioner Resource Stipends:
This covers the time, energy, and intellectual resources it takes to provide free and donation-based services through in-person clinics, self-care tutorials, workshops and classes, as well as gas expenses, technology costs, administrative costs and supplies, etc. (managers and practitioners donate all their time and resources otherwise).
4) Practitioner Treatment Supplies:
Acupuncture supplies, herbal medicine, massage salves and oils, treatment table supplies and covers, etc. (Practitioners donate and use supplies from their personal practices otherwise).
5) Purchase a shuttle bus or a van:
We would like to create an actual mobile clinic that can accommodate traveling to and from communities that hold necessary supplies so that we are always packed and ready to meet an urgent or emergency need. If Covid numbers become too high for some of our Services such as massage, we can still be a Compassionate Care Unit that brings tea, soup, fresh-pressed juices, herbal remedies, Acupuncture (always considered essential) and a variety of no-physical touch care services to our community.
How your monetary gifts make an impact:
We hope to meet the continuing and increasing demand for our services by raising $10,000-$20,000. In donating to us, it allows us to share our resources, as we strive to:
• Build sacred community space for individual and community healing
• Build relationships and ally ourselves with organizations and agencies to support their mission of community outreach
• Build relationships and ally ourselves with the healer within each individual and promote self-healing
• Give authority to the process of healing, restoration, and recovery, with a recognition that the process is dynamic, on-going, multi-dimensional and complex
• Co-create a sense of unity within communities that is based in our shared human experience as ever-evolving beings, and connection as part of a sacred contract
• Share resources for mutual well-being and reciprocity that stem from many respected and shared traditions, perspectives, and modalities
• Be good citizens to our community members now, and good ancestors to future generations as we view healing as a process and not a single event
In short, we strive to make the richness and wisdom of compassionate care and holistic medicine/wellness accessible, equitable, and inclusive to all. In donating, you become an ally to our work and an ally to communities who are asking for support during this time.
Support the Word Sound Power Collective
We gift 5% of all donations we recieve to the Word Sound Power Collective; a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Their mission is to organize and mobilize the Rastafari community and other like-minded peoples to provide support to Rastafari Elders at home and abroad. This support includes providing for basic needs like food, clothes and shelter as well as needs of a medical nature. The ultimate goal is to ensure that the hungry be fed, the naked clothed, the sick nourished, the aged protected and the infants cared for.
Rastafari Ancient Support Fundraising (RAS)
-Fundraising to support daily needs and necessities including food, clothes and shelter. These efforts are initiated for a specific period of time.
Ancients Medical Assistance Fund (AMA)
-Fundraising to support immediate and emergency medical needs. This fundraising is ongoing and donations are accepted at any time.